The contest begins January 1st. 2012, and the winner and runner-ups will be announced in person on March 31st, 2012 (Location to be announced).
HOW TO ENTER:
- Submit your original recipe made with at least one local food product available at the Best of VC Marketplace. Recipe must include a photo or digital photo.
- Via Email: email firstname.lastname@example.org your name, date of birth, complete address, daytime and evening phone numbers, e-mail address and include your original recipe, recipe name, and a digital photo of the recipe.
- In Person: drop off a document with your name, date of birth, complete address, daytime and evening phone numbers, e-mail address (if applicable) and include your original recipe, recipe name, and a photo of the recipe.
- All entries must be received by February 29th, 2012.
- Limit one entry per person/address, regardless of method of entry.
- All entries, including the recipe and photo submitted, become the property of The Best of VC Marketplace and none will be returned.
- Recipe must include at least one Best of VC Marketplace food product as an ingredient.
- The person entering the contest must be an adult resident of Ventura County, and must not be an employee of, or affiliated with, the Best of VC Marketplace product used in their recipe.
- The Contest recipe entry must be an original work that was created by the adult entering the Contest and cannot have previously won a contest or other promotion.
- Recipes must list all ingredients in exact common U.S. household measurements in order of use, step-by-step preparation instructions, cooking times and number of servings.
- The entry must not violate or infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity or privacy.
- Finalists agree to prepare their recipe and present it in person to the judges on March 31st, 2012 for final judging. The location will be announced.
- Using seasonal and/or locally grown ingredients is strongly encouraged but not required.
Twelve finalists will be announced March 15th, 2012. The finalists will then make their recipe for in-person judging on March 31th, and prizes will be awarded that day.
The contest winner will receive $300 cash. The two runner-ups will each receive a Best of VC Marketplace gift basket. All finalists’ recipes and recipe photos will be posted on the Best of VC Marketplace’s website, newsletters, Twitter and Facebook during 2012 and early 2013.
Meet the judges:
Allison Costa is a freelance food writer and owner of Ventura Food Tours, LLC. Her company offers food walking tours of downtown Ventura and downtown Ojai, custom tasting events, and private tasting tours. For more info, visit her website http://www.venturafoodtours.comor find VFT on Facebook.
Peggy Russell is a baker extraordinaire. She has been entering her creations at the Los Angeles County Fair for 22 years and the Ventura County Fair for 12 years, and has been awarded Sweepstakes at L.A. County Fair five times and Ventura three times. She also entered a Land O Lakes National Cookie Contest and was awarded the Grand Prize. Her love is baking, yet cooking is a passion she enjoys also.
Jim and his wife at the time founded and operated a family restaurant concept that now has 8 very successful stores…Jim later partnered and operated two Ventura restaurants ..the Westside Cellar and The Watermark on Main before leaving the business to concentrate on writing and producing music events. Jim is very involved in his community and a number of charitable causes. He currently has a studio at Bell Arts factory named Rainmaker Studio…Jim still occasionally consults for restaurants and bar concepts needing his experience and insights.
And last, but certainly not least, introducing our final judge: Jason Collis! Jason is the Chef owner of Plated Events by Chef Jason. Collis’ major accomplishments include winning the Cioppino contest held at Brander Vineyards in Santa Barbara, launching a catering venture with Limoneira’s agritourism special event division and earning best martini bar in Ventura honor the past five years for his J’s Tapas bar.
Please visit our sponsors below!